- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Program
- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Admission
- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Tuition
- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Scholarships
- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Employment
- Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Contact
Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Program
The Indiana University Bloomington LLM program at Maurer Law School is intended for international lawyers. Students are required to fulfill 24 credits for completion of the degree, including the two mandatory two-credit courses Introduction to American Law and Legal Research and Writing Methods for LLM and MCL. Students also have the option to complete a thesis track, for which a total of 30 credits, including the 6-credit thesis, are required.
The flexibility of the LLM program allows students to pursue their own courses of study. However, students do have the option of focusing their coursework on the following Areas of Interest:
- International and Comparative Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property
Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Admission
Though applications are accepted on a rolling basis starting on October 1, the Indiana University Bloomington LLM Program requires that all applications be sent by the application deadline of March 1. Students who wish to receive consideration for scholarships must apply by February 1. Complete application materials are as follows:
- Application submitted online via LSAC
- $70 application fee paid by credit card through LSAC
- LSAC Credential Assembly Service, Document Assembly Service, or Transcript Evaluation Service
- Official transcripts in both original language and in English translation
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC score report (minimum accepted scores are 87 on the Internet-based TOEFL, 7.0 on the IELTS, or 850 on the TOEIC)
Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Tuition
Indiana University Bloomington LLM tuition can be found on the school website. Be sure to factor in estimates of additional expenses for room and board, health insurance, and other miscellaneous expenses.
Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Scholarships
The Indiana University Bloomington Maurer Law School considers all prospective students for scholarships and fellowships at the time of application. Scholarship offers typically range from $1,000 to 30% of total tuition. Applicants are encouraged to explore outside sources of financial aid to offset the cost of the LLM program. Some sources suggested by the Indiana University Bloomington Law School are the Ford Foundation, Fulbright, the Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program, and the Open Society Institute. For more information on scholarships for LLM students, visit our LLM Scholarships page.
Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Employment
The Indiana University Bloomington Maurer School of Law Office of Career Development & Professional Development has helped students find jobs in over 30 countries and all 50 U.S. states. Services offered by the OCDPD include individual career counseling, training in professional development, networking, and job search skills, workshops and seminars, printers, computers, fax machines, and copiers for job search purposes, both on-campus interviews and off-campus recruiting visits, a resource library, and online job postings. Employment statistics for the Maurer School of Law can be found here. A full list of companies and offices in the U.S. that hire Indiana University Bloomington law students can be found here.
Indiana University Bloomington Maurer LLM Contact
Director, International Admission
Phone: (812) 856-7217
Email the Office of Graduate Legal Studies and International Programs: email@example.com